Welcome to the 2019 Shark’s Friday Night Light’s Flag Football Season!
The season will open on Friday, April 26, 2019 and run through June 21, 2019, with 7 weeks of regular season games and 2 weeks of playoffs. Registration is open to both boys AND girls, grades K-9. Registration will open on November 7, 2018 through March 29, 2019. The fee to register is $90.00 with a 10% multi-family discount. Some important items when registering:
- All special team/coach requests MUST be done during the registration process. Please indicate in the comment field your request, ie. specific coach, placed on same team with another player, etc.
Please Note: Once registration is closed we cannot guarantee we can honor special requests.
- Players CANNOT play down a grade, only up. Please be sure when registering you indicate the current grade your child is in. There will no exceptions to this rule.
- Please be sure to complete all fields when registering, t-shirt size, special requests, etc. This will eliminate the need to follow up with players to obtain additional information.
- If you are planning on coaching this season, please be sure when registering your child to register as a coach. IMPORTANT: If you are registering multiple players, please indicate what team or teams you will be coaching and in what capacity, ie. head coach, assistant coach, etc.
- All games will be played on Friday evenings, please keep that in mind when registering. The goal is to not interfere with other Spring sports.
- As the program grows so does the need for coaches, so please consider volunteering this season. We will also take full teams. Please be sure when each player registers they indicate the team in the comment field, ie. “Zahn Team”. This will help when organizing teams and simplify the process. Please keep in mind we would like to keep the teams to a max of 15 players.
- As in the past we will be having a Flag Football Player's Clinic and Coach’s Clinic prior to the season starting and before registration ends. These clinics will give an overview of the flag football program and minimal requirements needed to coach. Please be on the lookout for the dates. These clinics will be run by Steve Opiela, our Flag Football Coaching Coordinator.
- Any questions regarding registration and the flag football program can be directed to Maria Zahn at email@example.com.
We are excited for the upcoming season and are hoping to surpass our registration last year of over 320 players. Our program is focused on creating a fun environment while teaching our players the fundamentals of flag football in hopes to take them to next level of tackle football. We are proud of the accomplishments of our program and look forward to another successful season. Please share with family and friends and consider being part of our growing program.